These cupcakes are so moist and delicious :)
They are a great dessert during Thanksgiving too. Impress your family with these home made savory cupcakes!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with cute holders (you can also spray cooking butter spray over the liners to make sure there is no stickage)
2. Mix 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 stick of butter, and 1/3 cup of white granulated sugar until it looks fluffy.
3. Now it is time to add your dry ingredients: 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon cloves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4. Mix together 1/2 of milk and 2 teaspoons of vanilla and add to mixture
5. Mix it all together until it is smooth
6. Add pumpkin puree and mix together until smooth
7. Add to cupcake holders and put in oven for 25 minutes
8. Take out of oven after 25 minutes and when they look golden brown on top
9. Let your cupcakes cool while you move on to making the icing
10. Combine 1 stick of butter and 2 packages of cream cheese (room temperature) in the bowl
11. Mix until smooth and creamy looking
12. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix slowly until very smooth and creamy
13. Add 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice (or however much you desire)
14. Mix again.
15. Once it is smooth and you have the right amount of pumpkin pie spice you like move the frosting into a plastic zip lock and put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
16. Take it out of the fridge once your cupcakes are completely cooled
17. Cut the corner of the zip lock and frost your cupcakes while squeezing it out of the opening.